Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Updates 1/22/13

Hello everyone.


I'm sure you can imagine how exhausting it can be to try to find the time every morning to write this news blog for you all. Even with Chuck's help (which I am extremely grateful for) it still sometimes feels tedious. But that's one of the reasons I am so happy to have Chuck helping me out. I can take a day off every now and then without actually taking a day off the news. I'm still writing the stories for the links he sends, but it's much easier to do that than it is to have to search them out.

...Not to mention how depressed some of the news can make me after a little while. People just suck sometimes. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know why I'll sometimes let Chuck's links take over the day. I really appreciate both his help and your understanding. 

Oh, and today is a Chuck day, but I'm sure you figured that out already. :)



-- [Chuck] Personally, I'm not too sure what I should think about this poster and President Obama supporter. They refer to him as the "King," but it seems like they mean less of a monarch sort and more of an Elvis-type thing. What do you guys think?




-- [Chuck] CounterCurrents has some great articles available today, with one of their articles talking about the President's surprise placement of climate change so high on his list for the second term. Check them out.




-- [Chuck] For his second inauguration, President Obama banned lobbyists from donating to the ceremony, but accepted unlimited donations from their corporations. For the President's first inauguration, there were limits placed on the amount that could be donated by them, but they were completely removed this time. 




-- [Chuck] The daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. has spoken up about her support for One Billion Rising, and suggests that you should too. You can watch her video encouraging support and participation on the front page of their website.




-- [Chuck] Once again, let's end with a little humor to set the day off informed but laughing. From The Onion (a satirical news site,) we have a story about President Obama's second inauguration beginning with a little help from some drone friends.




***Solidarity*** 

To contact me, email elvishbutterfly@hotmail.com. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment