Saturday, August 9, 2014

A New Start and A New Story

Hello everyone.

I know many of my followers will be surprised to see a post from me. More than likely, quite a few people won't see this, as they've left the page. I do not blame anyone for that. I've been absent for a long time, and with good reason. I plan on updating this blog occasionally, with news and opinions that come from my personal perspective.

I feel it pertinent to explain to you all what has happened, so that we are all caught up.


My last post was a request for help from my followers, as my health had gone downhill. My health is still atrocious. I have chronic pain from multiple illnesses: fibromyalgia, arthritis, a ruptured disk, joint issues, missing cartilage, chronic migraines, etc. I have severe emotional issues as well, which are getting me down quite a bit.



***

On August 12, 2013, my little brother died. It was very sudden, and shocked us to the core. He was 24 and suffering from Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy, though that was not the actual cause of his death. His aorta was ruptured by his breathing machine tubing, and he died within minutes. My mother tried to save him, but there was nothing that could be done. The last thing he did was smile at my mom.

***

After this, my mom moved in with my wife and I, as we both felt it would be inappropriate to expect her to work so soon after his passing. My wife finished her Bachelors degree in December, and I finished my Masters this past May. We all moved from Carbondale to Columbia, MO, so now we live in a red state. No medical care for me or my diabetic mother, thanks to the wonderful Missouri government.

I start law school in just over a week and a half at Mizzou. I promised my little brother that I would go, that I would work hard to change the world for the better. My plan is to focus in civil rights law, but there is no telling where my focus will be once I start. Getting to this point has been difficult. Moving here drained every once of our savings, and I already had to take out a loan to make rent.

You do what you have to in order to succeed.


I've been following the news closely for a while, so plan on seeing rants and opinions concerning situations like Gaza/Israel, Ebola, Iraq, Syria, gun rights, lgbt rights, civil rights in general, and other topics as I come across them.

I welcome any and all comments, questions, or complaints. I want to hear from anyone who is still out there.

- Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment