Friday, January 18, 2013

Updates 1/18/13

Hello everyone.

I went to the doctor yesterday after feeling like I was going to pass out in class, and was told I have a major GI bug that is going around. So I'm off my feet and on a "bland diet" for 48 hours or so. No fun, but if it helps, I can't complain too much.



-- [Chuck] The other day we mentioned a little research that points to the Keystone XL Pipeline being worse than previously thought. That is indeed the case, and this article explains the hows and whys of these findings. 




-- [Chuck] When Aaron Swartz took his life, he was less than a few weeks from facing a trial that was unjustly prosecuted so harshly that it is almost outrageous to believe. Here, his partner and the chief expert witness from that trial discuss how he was unfairly targeted and why.




-- [Chuck] GMOs. It seems like they'll never go away, and that we'll never figure out what they're in, thanks to companies fighting to hide that info. So what on Earth is going on with Wal-Mart and the other big food giants who are seemingly working with the FDA to get a federal GMO labeling law?!




-- Just the other day I told you that if you didn't think anything was wrong with the Israel/Palestine stats, you should go sit in the corner and think about your bias. But we all have a bias to something, and this is something even I cannot and will not deny. What kind of bias do we have? How can we be more aware of them? Head to this link for answers. 




-- Lastly, let's end on something humorous. It turns out that even some Fox anchors don't believe what they are supposed to be spouting. 




***Solidarity***

To contact me, email elvishbutterfly@hotmail.com. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment