Saturday, January 26, 2013

Updates 1/26/13

Hello everyone.

I wasn't sure if I would be up for posting at all today, but I figured that you all deserve me giving it a shot. All the links are from Chuck. He has kept my inbox pretty busy these past few days. These links aren't even all of what he has sent, but some of them I will spread out for the next few days. 

I'm still a bit of a wreck. My wife has long since landed in Japan, but has yet to contact me at all to let me know she is okay. In all likelihood, the almost 20 hours of flights knocked her on her bottom, and she will be getting in touch with me as soon as she wakes up. It's just a bit scary and frustrating to not know if your loved one is okay. Not to mention that I look like I have two black eyes thanks to a combination of sleeplessness and crying. (I don't usually cry at all. It's extremely unusual. Even my wife was super-surprised by my extraordinarily emotional reaction to her leaving.) So I'm going to push through this stuff, and we'll keep moving along.



Once again, ALL links are from Chuck. I'm not going to put his name in front of them.



-- A group of top CEOs are looking to line their pockets a little more by looting social programs needed by millions. They are trying to convince the government and the people that cutting these programs will make them stronger and more adapted to our demographics. This author examines their plans, and the real solutions that would actually help.




-- Aaron Swartz took his own life, possibly as a direct result of the federal government's heavy prosecution tactics against him for minor crimes. But now, new evidence against the government has come to light, as we learn that Swartz never even faced prison time until the feds became involved.




-- Our country, and really the world, needs some help. Our leaders keep reforming everything, but nothing fixes our problems. Here's a suggestion from this author to reform something we haven't done yet: the trade agreements.




-- John Kerry is tapped as the next Secretary of State, replacing Clinton, but there are some things that need to be revealed about him. Kerry has had to go on record saying that if he is chosen as the next Secretary, he will remove his shares in companies that may cause a conflict of interest, including a bunch of them associated with the Keystone. 




-- Boston officially has its first Panera Cares cafe, an eatery meant to help those who cannot afford to eat with the support of those who can. It's a simple 'pay-it-forward' model. If you can afford to pay and help out a little extra, do so. If you can't, don't worry about it.




-- Occupy isn't just a revolution, says this author. It is, rather, a way of creating revolutionaries, and providing a brand new culture that people can become a part of. (Really interesting read.)




-- President Obama's inauguration speech may have been heart-warming and heart-felt, but was it accurate? Here, a member of Anonymous works to prove that it was, in his words, "A heaping pile of shit."




***Solidarity***

To contact me, email elvishbutterfly@hotmail.com. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment