Thursday, May 10, 2012

Updates 5/10/12

Hello everyone.


I have a final exam in a little while, so the news will be a little short. Also, tomorrow it will be late, as I have a very early final, and I will be posting afterward. Saturday is my graduation ceremony, which starts very early, so I may post something, but it won't be much. I have a little frustration with the whole thing right now. I have my gown, but there are pieces of it that I have no clue how to wear, like a sticky collar thing that goes around my neck somehow. Confused...



Anyway, news.



-- President Obama came out in support of gay marriage yesterday. The President originally was against it, then said his views were evolving before finally announcing yesterday that he believed gay people should be able to marry.



Concerning gay marriage, I still don't understand how people believe they should be allowed to vote on another person's marriage. I didn't get to vote on theirs...

Also, there is a great little quote flying around the internet now. "If you have to make a law that hurts a number of people just to prove your morals or faith, then you have no true morals or faith to prove."



-- UC Berkeley has filed a lawsuit against Occupiers in an effort to force them off the Gill Tract. Occupy the Farm was barricaded in yesterday by police. 




-- Fox News is up in a panic over who is supplying the office space to Occupy DC. A heavy-hitting union, the SEIU, is paying for the space for Occupiers. According to Fox News, the union is also very close to President Obama, and this is supposedly cause for much speculation.




-- Occupy Chicago will be performing a press conference later this morning to roll out their plans for the G8 summit. While some events were "pulled" by the city, it appears they will likely still occur.




-- The police drug recognition program in Minneapolis has been suspended after allegations surfaced last week. 




-- Protesters numbering in the hundreds, or possibly thousands depending where you look, protested Bank of America yesterday across the country. 




***Solidarity***

To contact me, please email elvishbutterfly@hotmail.com. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment