Monday, August 13, 2012

Updates 8/13/12

Hello everyone.



You know why I don't like going to parties? Because going to parties is like going to Congress. People aren't going to remember what they did the night before, and then they're going to look for someone to blame for what happened or what was said. So now I kinda feel like a jerk for something that happened, when I was actually trying to be helpful. I'm not going to go into any detail, because apparently I'm in enough trouble as it is. I'm just going to stay home and send birthday cards from now on. *sigh*



Anyway, the news is short today.



-- [Charles] This link is a great one, and I thank Charles for sending it. It's a mother's account of trying to teach her children to be good citizens, and what happened when they attended a Chalkupy event in Austin. (I don't have any children, but if I ever did decide to, I would very much like to be like this mother.) The police arrive to arrest several people, and she has to explain to her children not only what is going on, but why it is happening.





-- Occupy Hong Kong has been given two weeks to vacate the space in front of HSBC Bank's Headquarters. Occupiers have heard of the ruling, but many say they still will not be leaving. It is not yet sure what will happen if they do not vacate the area by the date set, because that decision is left for a court bailiff to decide. The Occupiers have been in their encampment since October.




***Solidarity***

To contact me, email elvishbutterfly@hotmail.com. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment