Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Updates 8/22/12

Hello everyone.


Have you ever had one of those days where one thing goes wrong, and you just get flustered for the rest of the day? That's me right now. I got online to check my bank account, and somehow I have double the money in there that I did yesterday. I have everything written down that I've spent, but I misplaced that paper, so I don't know what the heck is going on. I tried to write down most of it from memory, but I know I'm missing some significant items, and for the life of me cannot remember what they are. So I just have to not spend anything from my account for a few days and let it straighten itself out... I'm so confused that it has put a damper on my day. With that in mind, I want to thank Charles SO MUCH for sending me plenty of info for you guys. 


Also... It's my wife's birthday!!! Happy birthday to the most beautiful and kind woman I've ever met. She makes me a stronger and better person. She has a smile that lights up the room! She keeps me sane by letting me rant to her about anything and everything on my mind. She's the best person in the world. She's honest, sweet, and so very kindhearted. She deserves the world, and so much more. She contributes to this blog too, by passing along info she has found when she's online. If you want to send her birthday wishes too, you can either email me or comment here. I'm obviously not going to give her real name, so you can call her Mrs. Kitty. (She goes by Kitty too, which can make things confusing. We both call each other Kitty.) Mrs. Kitty actually saved me. Every relationship I had been in was abusive in some way or another, until I met her. I was on a downward spiral. My mental illness was untreated; I was hardcore bulimic. She pulled me out of despair and convinced me to get the help I needed. I am still recovering (I always will be), but she stands right beside me every step of the way, holding my hand and encouraging me to do my best. It may sound cliche, but I assure you, it isn't to me. Realistically, I might not be here anymore if it weren't for her.


Let's move on to the news. All of this is from Charles. Thank you Charles! Somehow you and Kate both seem to know when I need some time off.




-- First, we have a basic link to one of the Occupy sites. It's important to realize that while I do search far and wide, I may not find information pertaining to upcoming events. These sites, like the one I'm preparing to post, can help you find what I'm missing. There is even a forum area where you can chat with like-minded individuals and/or work on plans for your area.




-- Protests are an imperative piece of every revolution, and it may be time to take notes from protest around the world. Here comes GlobalNOISE, a site dedicated to helping your protest be noticed. GlobalNOISE is bringing back the most basic noisemakers of the revolution--banging pots and pans. While it doesn't sound like much, their site is a major outlet for those looking to involve others and set up meetings and events. Check it out. They have plenty of info on why this stuff is important, and who is involved.




-- Upcoming events are things I don't often post about here, because I mostly find my info from major Corp. Media sites. Not today! Here we have another #S17 event, called All Roads Lead to Wall Street. You can find out major plans for the day, learn more about why this day is important (it's the anniversary!), and how you can be a part of it, no matter where you are. 




-- RT is a giant media outlet, and if you've looked online, you've probably read some of their stories. Now RT has been nominated for an Emmy, expressly due to their coverage of Occupy. RT has been involved with Occupy since the very beginning, and their footage has actually helped expose some of the police misconduct from NYC. Check out this video as they discuss the coverage and the International Emmy.




-- Occupiers in the United States have multitudes of reasons for doing so. One thing we often here is "If you don't like it here, why don't you leave?" People who make those statements are missing the point, aren't they? Many of us love our country and want to better it for all. One of the sad facts that many of us are realizing is that fixing this country is difficult, not because of the people, but because this country, in itself, has become a corporation. This article will give you a little history lesson of how the US began to move into corporate style, and how it continued until it became a true corporate instrument. Take the time to read this. (It opened my eyes a little bit into how this country is really run. Not that I didn't suspect it already, but it's pretty obvious once someone supplies you with facts that back it up.)




-- Lastly, we have a story that affects us all, even if it isn't directly related to Occupy. Multiple cities in the US have been saturated with West Nile Virus carrying mosquitoes, and they've decided to do something serious about it. They are performing mass sprayings of deadly chemicals over entire cities, in an attempt to blanket the mosquitoes with poison and kill off the virus. These chemicals are not supposed to be dangerous to humans, according to several government agencies. (As someone with Fibromyalgia, I can tell you this isn't true. One of the reasons I cannot go visit my mother and terminally ill brother very often is the constant spraying for mosquitoes. When I step outside and breathe, I inhale the chemicals, which triggers massive flare-ups of my disease. If I stay for more than 48 hours, I often cannot even move without pain. It takes me days to recover once I leave. I can only imagine what harmful effects is has on people like my brother, who is on a breathing machine, or the elderly and infirm.)




***Solidarity***

Thanks again to Charles for providing me with valuable information to share with everyone.


To contact me, email elvishbtterfly@hotmail.com. Thanks for your time and reading. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment